Be a top performer, be an ASSET!
Being average is no longer an option that one can avail at work anymore. Average is Dead!
You need to be at the top of the performance game to get noticed and not the notice (if you know what I mean)! Employers today are looking for people who can be real assets to their organizations and add high value to the business. High performers are also the firsts in queue when it comes to promotions, appraisals and other opportunities. They are the apples of their bosses’ eyes!
Wondering how you could be one too? Becoming a high performer isn’t just reporting on time and getting the work done. It’s way more than that. But the best part is that you too can mould yourself to be in that list, with some effort from your end. Well, here are some easy tips that might help:
1. Stay focused: Focus is a key ingredient to becoming a top performer. You must be well aware of your strengths and weaknesses: keep strengthening your strengths and work on your weaknesses. Strategize and channel your strengths in the best possible ways.
2. Be a leader: Take ownership of the work you are doing. It isn’t just in the timely delivery of work but also the leadership approach and attitude that you convey that counts while evaluating you as a top performing asset. Organizations love people who are responsible, take onus and ownership and consistently exhibit leadership qualities.
3. Be innovative: Take the route less travelled. Instead of doing it the regular way, try something new. Be innovative in your approaches at work. This creates a much higher value of distinction and helps you get noticed by all the right people.
4. Stay up-to-date: Constant upskilling and self-upgradation is the need of the hour. Keep yourself updated with new and emerging skills and be prepared to out shine the rest. Grow your knowledge circle by taking up new skill courses, certifications and training programs. Keep learning and keep growing is the mantra of the day!
5. Stay connected: While you are focussing on out shining among your peers, also stay put to the ground. Stay well connected among your peers and colleagues. Communication and effective communication is vital in sketching the way forward.
6. Maintain a work-life balance: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy! You must be familiar with this age old saying, right? Well, guess what, it holds true even today. Maintain a healthy work-life balance, for getting over-worked might hurt your overall productivity.
Try hard and work smart! You too can get there!
(Image courtesy- Google images)
If you like our article and would like to share your views, please drop your comments below.