NVIDIA strengthens AI innovation in India with start-up program
NVIDIA, the AI computing company, has launched the NVIDIA Inception program in India, in recognition of the country’s potential for artificial intelligence innovation. Inception is a virtual incubator program to support start-ups with revolutionary ideas in AI. Members will receive a custom set of benefits, from hardware grants and marketing support to training with deep learning experts.
The Inception Program was launched in India at the inaugural NVIDIA Emerging Companies Summit India, part of the GPU Technology Conference (GTCx), aimed at bringing together the brightest minds and greatest ideas in GPU computing.
Such is the momentum around AI among Indian innovators that, at launch, the Inception Program already has close to 100 Indian start-ups as members.
The NVIDIA Emerging Companies Summit India, which was used as the platform for launching the NVIDIA Inception Program, is the only event in India aimed at start-ups specializing in artificial intelligence. The event brought together 12 visionary start-ups in AI, virtual reality, autonomous vehicles and robotics with leading tech investors, including Rajan Anandan, Vice President for South East Asia and India at Google. Healthcare start-up Qure.ai won the Social Innovation Award at the Emerging Companies Summit. The Best of Show award was presented to intelligent HR solutions start-up Edge Networks.
Vishal Dhupar, Managing Director – South Asia, NVIDIA said, “Artificial Intelligence has gone from science fiction to reality thanks to a new computing model: graphics processing unit (GPU)-accelerated deep learning. We believe the next generation of breakthroughs in technology and business will be driven by the AI start-up community. Young India’s aspirations, ideas and potential are global in scale, and we are excited to amplify the imagination and intelligence of the country’s brightest minds through the Inception Program and the Emerging Companies Summit.”
Inception provides innovative GPU start-ups with key support to help grow their businesses and bring revolutionary products to market faster. Custom benefits include access to:
- The latest NVIDIA deep learning technologies – early access to the latest GPU hardware, as well as the NVIDIA Deep Learning SDK, the NVIDIA® DIGITS™ deep learning GPU training System, the NVIDIA GPU Inference Engine and more.
- Deep learning expertise – access to NVIDIA’s deep learning experts and world-class engineering teams, which include computational mathematicians who specialize in designing algorithms for GPU-accelerated computing platforms.
- NVIDIA’s global network – customers, partners and suppliers and NVIDIA marketing reach.
- Technical training – online and in-person courses via the NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute.
- Funding – qualified companies may be eligible for funding through NVIDIA’s GPU Ventures Program.